Sam Braysher – alto saxophone
Tom Farmer – double bass
Jorge Rossy – drums, vibraphone (on track 4.), marimba (on track 10.)
- For Regulars Only 5:03 (Dexter Gordon)
- Heart and Soul 4:59 (Hoagy Carmichael/Frank Loesser)
- One Note Samba (Samba de uma Nota Só) 2:43 (Antônio Carlos Jobim)
- Some Other Spring 3:51 (Irene Kitchings/Arthur Herzog Jr.)
- Pintxos 3:27 (Sam Braysher)
- Little White Lies 4:55 (Walter Donaldson)
- The Sweetest Sounds 5:02 (Richard Rodgers)
- Reflection (from Mulan) 2:36 (Matthew Wilder/David Zippel)
- Shall We Dance 4:06 (George Gershwin/Ira Gershwin)
- This Nearly Was Mine 6:02 (Richard Rodgers/Oscar Hammerstein II)
- Walking the Dog 1:36 (George Gershwin)Recorded at Bon Repos, Begues, Spain, by Adrian Mateo, 14 & 15 May 2019.
Mixed by Alex Bonney
Mastered by Peter Beckmann
Executive Producer: Harald Haerter
Artwork and design by Mariano Gil
Photos by Maximiliano Martínez
Sam Braysher’s new trio album, Dance Little Lady, Dance Little Man, sees him accompanied by a truly world class rhythm section, and presenting thoughtful new takes on a diverse repertoire of songs from the Great American Songbook and jazz canon, ranging from Dexter Gordon to Gershwin incidental numbers to Disney.
The London-based alto saxophonist received international critical acclaim for his debut album, a duo project with the New York pianist Michael Kanan, which was called ‘delightful and surprising’ by Dave Gelly in the Observer.
Catalan Jorge Rossy is one of the most revered drummers of his generation. Best known for his stint with the hugely influential Brad Mehldau Trio, he has also played with Lee Konitz, Chick Corea, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Wayne Shorter, Tom Harrell, Carla Bley, Joshua Redman,and countless others. He is also a highly melodic vibraphone and marimba player, and his ability to switch between sticks and mallets gives the trio an extra degree of versatility.
Double bassist Tom Farmer is one of London’s most charismatic and in-demand musicians. As well as making up one quarter of the MOBO award-winning British jazz band Empirical, he can be heard with artists as diverse as Anoushka Shankar, Joe Stilgoe, Ant Law and Ivo Neame.